Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's Getting to be Wedding Season.....

Hi...Happy St. Patty's Day......today happens to be my birthday too.....!!
When I was little my Dad use to dye my hair green on this day and take me all over the small town I am from! I thought about making a green haired girl card on this day but decided to make a card using this sweet set by Penny Black called Mimi and Miles.....Love these sweet stamps!!
I have a nephew that is getting married in May and decided to make this in to an nontraditional Wedding card.  I am so bummed I can't go to the wedding which is in Naples Florida as my three brothers will be there and it has been at least 15 years since we all have been together!! Due to Dale's Dr. apts. in CA...we are unable to go......

Anyhow here is my wedding card using Mimi and Miles.......


What do you think?  they are pretty sweet huh?   A Sweet Friend gave me this set....I just Love it!!
You can find this set HERE.

Hope you have a great day and don't forget to wear green.....

Hugs!

12 comments:

Lynn R said...

Happy Birthday!!! No Green hair, I hope! Hugs....

Barb said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Kelly! Have a fun-filled day! Love this adorable card!

Maylee said...

Love this cute card Kelly! Wishing you an awesome birthday!

donna mikasa said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELLY!! Your card is adorable--love the bright, cheery colors. Hope you have an awesome day! Hugs!!!

Leanne said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!!
Hope your hair isn't green unless it's a wig. :) Your card is really cute. Perfect for a non-traditional wedding card. I think there should be more of these. Thanks for inspiring with your beautiful coloring.

Lin said...

Adorable, what a cute wedding card! Happy Birthday, Miss Kelly!! Hope your day is wonderful!!

Alice said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Kelly!! =) LOVE LOVE your card!! i like the non-traditional idea! amazing coloring as always. Hope you have the most fabulous day, my friend!!! =)

Kathy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SWEET WONDERFUL YOU!!!I hope you are having a special Birthday with your brown/ blonde hair!!! Great story about your dad and you!!!!! Love your Mimi and MIles card. You are so talented!! Many many Birthday hugs, Kathy

Dawn T said...

First off... Happy Birthday.... I missed seeing this on FB... Lovely card for your nephew.... how nice to get such an original card like this...

Beate said...

Kelly, your pieced and sewn background looks wonderful! Topped with beautiful colored images makes this one amazing card.
Hugs and smiles
Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day.
Hugs and smiles

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very sweet Kelly, love non-traditional wedding cards too! This couple is perfect together!! Wishing you a very Happy Birthday too!!

Stamping Cafe said...

I hope you had a special day, Kelly! What a sweet card, love the lovely images! Your coloring is amazing as always, and I love the non traditional happy colors for the wedding! Big hugs!!

A Birthday Card Using The Bam Box Pop Up By Karen Burniston!

 Hi, I have a Birthday card I created in a favorite color combo of mine, it reminds me of my daughters wedding quite a few years ago. I used...