Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Fun Shaker Miss You card!

Hi,

I just got back from a weekend in Phoenix to keep the grand babies while my daughter and her hubby moved into their new home.  It was the best few days...... and I miss them like Crazy!
I took my copics thinking that if they napped I would color :).  Well they did not nap and the only thing I got colored was a cute Little Fish by Simon Says Stamp!
I thought he would look perfect on a Shaker card using the Ring Accordion die set by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Crafts Design. (Years ago Shakers were my very favorite cards to make).
I used the Wave Stencil by Simon Says Stamp and Distress Inks to create some Waves for my Lil Fish.

Here is the Front of the card:



And the Fun Part:


This was a first time for me using fun foam to raise the area for the shaker.  After I adhered two pieces die cut with the dies from the Ring Accordion I wanted to give it a more finished look so added twine around the circle. I added some bubbles inside the shaker with glossy accents.

Here is a Close Up of the Shaker:


The Little fishes eyes were created using Enamel Accents by Ranger.

Now I need to make a few more for the kids.....I think they will Love getting a fun shaker from MiMi in the mail!

Here are a few pics from the weekend of Fun!




Hope you have a great day...Thank You for Stopping by!

Supplies linked below:


3 comments:

Donna Gibson said...

This card is adorable! And I love that you used fun foam to create a shaker card! Great idea!!

~amy~ said...

super fun Kelly and FUN pics:)

donna mikasa said...

Coolest shaker, ever! Love seeing your grandbabies--they're growing up way too fast!

Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge Pop Up's!

Hi, Its time for the Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer challenge and this month we are doing Pop Up's using the General Pop Up dies....