Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Brightly Colored Columbine

Hi,

I wanted to color one of the columbine peel off stickers by Elizabeth Craft Designs  but was not sure what they actually were so I googled them :)  They are all different colors but some can be very bright and colorful so that is what I decided to go with for mine.

I decided to use the Circle Accordion Die by Karen Burniston for this card.

Here is the Front:

I used some of the bees from the set as well and colored them with my copic markers.
I just love the sparkle the silk microfine glitter gives. I also used the Circle AC frame edges the Solid ones in the front and the polka dot ones on the inside.

Here is the card Opened up:

I used distress re-inkers to splash a little color on the card base. The Thinking of you is an Elizabeth Craft Designs die and I cut it 5 times in pink and them once in black and adhered them. Then I decided to put some glossy accents on top and make it shiny.

Notice the crease at the top of the second circle?  Well I wanted to write a personal message inside so I creased it and adhered it to the piece behind at the top so when you close the card from the back you can open and read the message. I usually do this so the crease is in the back for a circle card but on this one it would not work like that.

Here are a few close ups:


I just Love coloring the Glittered peel offs and The Circle Accordion card die by Karen Burniston makes it even more Fun!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Thank you for Stopping by.....
XO

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Kelly this is SUCH a right and cheerful card - wow! Wonderful colouring, as always.
Cheers
Karen A

StampOwl said...

another stunner ... great idea to add another circle so you can write a personal message.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Great idea of paper piercing the bee trail on the frame piece. Love the bright colors.

Are You Yetti For Christmas?

Hi, My Mojo has been really bad lately but I finally made a card this morning using Karen Burniston's Charm Accordion and MFT Beast...