Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Birthday Card.....



I always struggle with masculine cards.....I had gone to our craft store the other day and spotted this background stamp from Hero Arts and knew it would help with the Birthday cards I needed to make....
I have a hard time NOT using ribbon as I Love it so much but still feel that it looks masculine enough to send to a man. I did leave out the gems which I LOVE so much......
I had seen one of the Hero Artists do a card with the circles and loved it. I had an older candle stamp from Hero Arts and so i cut the candles and used them to give it a little pizazz.....

I got some yummy basic greay papers in the mail yesterday too and am loving the Bittersweet papers...they are yummy and perfect for Valentines day cards!!

4 comments:

sideoats + scribbles said...

I think that card looks very manly, even with the ribbon! :)

Love what you did with the circles, too! :)

Candis said...

Should I know what Man has a birthday in January that you know? hee hee
(My guess is Jim?) Either way- I like it!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic! Love the effect!

Rachel said...

You always do a great job with masculine cards!!!

A Birthday Card Using The Bam Box Pop Up By Karen Burniston!

 Hi, I have a Birthday card I created in a favorite color combo of mine, it reminds me of my daughters wedding quite a few years ago. I used...